A growing number of EFL young students in Greece strive to learn how to read in English. Spending time with your young students working on the activities of this book will reward you. My 7-year-old student who was “stuck” somewhere between the alphabet and all these new English words got to read in an excellent manner today. The secret? Following the activities of this amazing book especially written for such children! Here is the book description in the webpage of its publishing house. So much useful is the link to the Teacher’s notes!
I have already had my first lesson with my 40-year-old student who got really excited with this book. Its features and the fact that costs only 10€ make it an excellent choice for your adult students. It ‘s easily taught. Everything is explained analytically in the Teacher’s Guide. It’s really the first time I ‘m not getting tired during the lesson. It’s so exciting! Continue reading
Life, an exciting six-level general English course for adults.
Life is driven by rich National Geographic content and the fundamental values of inspiring people to care about the planet, celebrating human achievement and exploring diversity. This material is brought together in a design that is unique in an ELT context while the language syllabus surpasses expectations.
- A practical, competency-based syllabus helps learners in their development of grammar, vocabulary, functions, pronunciation and skills through appropriate communicative tasks
- Real life lessons model and practise everyday functions, preparing learners to use language in the real world
- National Geographic video on the DVD allows teachers to bring lessons to life
- The carefully designed Critical thinking syllabus challenges learners to understand texts at a deeper level
- Vocabulary is introduced thematically, with additional emphasis on key words and word building in Word focus and Word building sections.
– See more here
Teacher Resources here
In this link you can find Speakout, a comprehensive six level general English course that helps adult learners gain confidence in all skill areas using authentic materials from the BBC. It has a wide range of support material for a variety of teaching situations. It is developed in association with BBC Worldwide and BBC Learning English
A great grammar book for Advanced and Proficiency Level Students is MASTERMIND USE OF ENGLISH – REVISED published by Burlington Books. This is the Grammar book I use with my students in order to get them prepared for the Proficiency exam, either Cambridge or Michigan.
What I ‘ve just discovered is that there is some extra really helpful material here for the teacher to use when teaching some specific units of the book! I will definitely use it from now on!